Prof. dr. Pursey Heugens
Read more about Pursey
As the GC function evolves from the traditional role of Chief Legal Affairs towards the contemporary roles of trusted advisor, board secretary, or direct report to the executive board, a better understanding of the corporation’s strategy and organizational design becomes a decisive factor for the GC’s effectiveness. This module both delivers the tools you need for this chief executive (c-suite) level strategic analysis, and engages in a scenario-style exercise that will enable you to identify, justify, and take control of the General Counsel’s mandate in contemporary organizations.
You will explore core topics such as:
- business model analysis and innovation
- first mover advantages and disadvantages
- generic strategies and the benefits of focus
- competitive strategy and industry structure
- blue ocean strategy and industry transformation.
- Become a better conversation partner and advisor to c-suite decision-makers.
- Better understand the bi-directional influence between law and strategy.
- Develop a vision of the General Counsel as a strategic change agent.