Prof. dr. Pursey Heugens
Read more about Pursey
As the GC function evolves from the traditional role of Chief Legal Affairs towards the contemporary roles of trusted advisor, board secretary, or direct report to the executive board, a better understanding of the corporation’s strategy and organizational design becomes a decisive factor for the GC’s effectiveness. This module both delivers the tools you need for this chief executive (c-suite) level strategic analysis, and engages in a scenario-style exercise that will enable you to identify, justify, and take control of the General Counsel’s mandate in contemporary organizations.
You will explore core topics such as:
- business model analysis and innovation
- first mover advantages and disadvantages
- generic strategies and the benefits of focus
- competitive strategy and industry structure
- blue ocean strategy and industry transformation.
- Become a better conversation partner and advisor to c-suite decision-makers.
- Better understand the bi-directional influence between law and strategy.
- Develop a vision of the General Counsel as a strategic change agent.
Ample time to discuss matters in our GC peer group
For me the General Counsel Executive Program created a very interesting interaction with the topics that C-level executives encounter in their daily practice. The high-class Lead Instructors illustrated the topics and various dilemma’s perfectly and there was ample time to discuss these matters in our GC peer group. Furthermore the hospitality at the location was of the highest standards. It was an enriching academic week, which has helped me to become an even better trusted C-Suite advisor and modern legal leader. – Port of Amsterdam, Wilko Tijsse Claase, Director Legal Affairs
A very intensive, high quality and inspiring week
The General Counsel Executive Program was a very intensive, high quality and inspiring week. Interesting lectures from top end speakers, good discussions with fellow participants, all in a wonderful environment with first class service…. – Koninklijke De Heus, Harald van Hoorn, Global Director Legal