Prof. dr. Cees van Riel
Read more about Cees
The quintessential task of the GC in today’s volatile, information- heavy and interconnected economy is protecting a firm’s intangible assets. Especially corporate reputation is one of the most important drivers of consumers’ purchasing intentions, financiers’ willingness to invest, and regulators’ involvement intensity. This is extremely vulnerable unless it is systematically managed.
You will explore:
- The strategic value of reputation
- Measuring corporate reputation
- Orchestrating the reputation management function
- Alignment of communication, organisation, law, and strategy
- Corporate communication and organisational identity
- Compliance: ethics and integrity
- Crises management for GC.
- Understand the contributions the GC must make to protect intangible assets.
- Acquire the tools for reputation management and reputational alignment.
- Learn how to develop and maintain relationships with stakeholders who play a crucial role in strengthening your firm’s reputation
I learned also a lot from my fellow GC’s
Great academic program with well esteemed professors and a good link to the daily practice of a General Counsel. The presentation with Richard Susskind made you really think about the challenges of the future. I learned also a lot from my fellow GC’s due to the variety of companies for which they work. There was also a good balance between learning, doing and having a bit of fun! – Sanoma, John Vogel, Director Legal Affairs
There was a great vibe between the participants
The GCEP was an intense mini-MBA, with top professors from various universities, who inspired and challenged me to think differently about the legal profession within companies. The sessions also offered me practical tips&tricks, as well as roleplays and interactive workshops. There was a great vibe between the participants, which offers me a valuable network. – HB Capital, Esther Ribberink-Nagel, Senior Legal Counsel